This feature is exclusive to PLATINUM accounts. If you are a BASIC or PREMIUM user and wish to benefit from this feature, please upgrade.
What is Google Analytics 4?
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is an advanced analytics tool from Google. It tracks user interactions on websites, applications and digital channels. Using page and event tagging, it collects data on visits, page views and conversions. GA4 analyzes user journeys and identifies important audience segments. With information on user demographics and interests, GA4 helps companies to better understand their audience and improve their online performance.
Here are just a few of the specific uses you can put it to in your sales brochures, catalogs or any other document published on Calaméo:
- Interaction tracking: GA4 allows you to track exactly how visitors interact with your publications, how long they spend there, which elements they consult most, giving you a complete view of your audience's behavior.
- Demographics and interests: GA4 collects information on your users' demographics and interests, enabling you to better understand your target audience. You'll be able to tailor your content accordingly to meet their specific needs and preferences.
- Event analysis: define specific events to track particular actions such as playing a video, downloading a file or completing a conversion. This helps you better understand your visitors' key actions.
- Content optimization: GA4 data tells you which publications generate the most engagement. This helps you identify popular topics and adjust your content to meet your audience's expectations.
- Performance comparison: You can compare the performance of your Calaméo publications with other digital channels, such as your website or social networks, to assess the relative effectiveness of each channel.
How to integrate Google Analytics 4 to my Calaméo account?
You can use and manage Integrations under the Settings tab of your account.
Click on Integrations on the left hand side. To add a new Integration, click on the blue "INSTALL" button.
In the window that opens, select "Google Analytics".
Then enter your Google Analytics ID.
Here are the steps to follow to find it:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Click Admin
- At the top of the Property column, select your property
- In the Property column, click Data streams
- Click the data stream for which you need the ID
- Your "G-" ID appears in the top right
Your Google Analytics 4 property is now associated with your Calameo account. It will take up to 24 hours for the data from your Calameo publications to show up in your Google Analytics statistics.